It probably goes without saying that your vehicle's brakes are crucially important...Â not just for performance, but for basic safety. You depend on your automobile to transport you from Point A to Point B, but at some point along the line you're going to need to stop!
As such, it's important to ensure that your brakes are working as intended. That means having them inspected on a regular basis. We recommend having brake inspections as part of your routine maintenance agenda, along with tire rotations, oil and filter changes, etc.
Additionally, keep your ears and eyes open for signs that your brakes are being worn down. Here are a few specific warning signs and red flags, all of which suggest you may be due for a brake inspection (and potentially a full brake replacement).
Check out our list; and remember, for used cars in South Gate, CA, ProX Motors is your one-stop-shop!
Signs You Need a Brake Inspection
- Your brakes feel soft or sluggish.Â One sign that you're definitely due for a brake inspection is that they just don't work the way they used to. If you can tell that your brakes aren't offering as much resistance as they once did, or if it just feels like mush when you press the brake pedal, that's a warning sign for sure.
- Your brakes don't sound quite right.Â Another clear indicator that your brakes are failing is that they don't sound right. If there's a scraping or grinding sound when you hit the brake pedal, that means something's awry, and needs attention from a professional auto technician.
- Your vehicle pulls when you brake.Â When you hit the brake pedal, do you notice your vehicle leaning either toward the right or the left? If there's a discernible "pull" any time you brake, that means there's an issue with the brake pad, and it needs to be addressed.
- Your service lights are on.Â If you have any red or yellow dashboard lights illuminated, that's your car's way of telling you that something is the matter... and there's a chance it could be your brakes. Don't ignore these important warnings! Make sure you schedule a service appointment at your next convenience.
- It's been awhile since your last brake check-up.Â Finally, if you haven't had your brakes looked at in over a year, we'd recommend making an appointment to have them appraised. There may not be any indication of brake failure, but by keeping on top of routine maintenance, you can actually prevent serious issues from arising, and hopefully avoid all of the red flags we mentioned previously.
Remember: When you take care of your car, it will take care of you! And attending to simple brake diagnostics is one of the most critical steps in auto maintenance.
Learn More About Used Cars in South Gate, CA
One more reminder: If you're looking for used cars in South Gate, CA, ProX Motors has you covered. Contact us today to ask about our inventory, or simply to make an appointment.